Saturday, June 2, 2012

Google+ API broke again - G+7 does not work any more

Google decided to change their internal API yet again (yes, official API is still crap, I cannot use it for the G+7 gadget). This time breakage is pretty substantial and some work will be required to work around it.

I should be able to work around this - I have some rough fixes read now, testing them.

Please give me some time to test and deploy (I should be done in less than a day). 


UPDATE: I have just released version 1.11 of G+7, with support for the new behaviour of Google+
get it from http://www.kalamonsoft.com/gp7

4 comments:

  1. I have a problem with G+ internal API below. (404 now)

    https://plus.google.com/_/stream/getactivities/ + userId + /?sp=[1,2," + userId + ",null,null,null,null,"social.google.com",[]]

    Do you know new URL to get activities?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. download my G+7 gadget, unzip it and find a gp7.js file in it. It will tell you how this "getactivities" call has to be done now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have same problem for my appsengine with that address...

    ReplyDelete
  4. still not showing content from circles excluded from the main stream, when gadget is set to specifically show one of those circles.

    last comment i got on the ticket in the bug tracker was "I thiunk in that case this is actually supposed to work that way.".

    haha.

    just a shame that it's not possible to use plasma widgets from kde on windows, because that one is actually working as intended.

    ReplyDelete