Thursday, September 8, 2011

G+7 version 1.2 - now with support for Circles

In my last post, I mentioned that I have been working on providing support for Google+ circles. Well, today I have released G+7 version 1.2, in which circles support became available for public consumption.

Here is how circles work in G+7
After logging in, if you want to limit the stream of updates to a certain circle, simply select this circle from a dropdown in the settings panel, as shown in the illustration to the left.
If you select a circle, and additional icon (a sort of b/w mini "Circles" icon from Google+) shows up in the gadget's header. When you hover your mouse over the icon, it shows you the circle name in the tooltip. When you click on the icon, it opens the circle's feed in your browser.


You can get version 1.2 of G+7 here. Try it and let me know what you think
Plans
I have big plans for the future. I will be adding support for commenting, sharing posts and for adding +1s to them. Stay tuned. You can find information about updates in the blinking icon in the gadget itself, or on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment